Thursday, August 17, 2017

Aug 17, 2017 update

I'm not even sure how to start this post. So many emotions today. One one hand I'm feeling discouraged and the other hand I'm jumping for joy! AHH! This is so hard.

I guess I'll start with the discouraging news. Everyone likes to get that over with first anyway, right?

So there is a strike going on in Haiti. It's been going on for a while. This means important paperwork isn't being completed and those of us who are anxiously waiting to hear news will most likely not hear anything until things in Haiti go back to normal. When will it go back to normal? Only God knows! I'd go into more details, but I am purposefully not researching this more as it it not good for my tender heart. If you'd like more info on the strike click here https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-21718-haiti-news-zapping.html)

Naturally, this is hard news for every family trying to get through this process, but for us it's hard news because we paid our referral fee back in May. We were told we'd most likely get our referral by September and now we are not so sure that will happen. I'm trusting in God's timing though! He knows what's best and we have to wait on Him. I have NO doubt in my mind that God "can" move mountains I just struggle with the "when" He'll move it. 🌄

For now, I will continue to pray for him and love him from afar. 💙

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK time to share the GREAT news!! Today we received and email from the JSC Foundation. They just awarded us a $7,000 grant! Holy Smokes! That's our biggest grant we've received. Praise the Lord!

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Lord is working on our behalf. I have been telling Nick every day for the past 2 weeks that I feel like God is up to something, I just don't know exactly what it is.
Let me try to explain. First of all, I picked up a babysitting job to help us make some more money for our growing family. I found out Sunday that it will end in September. 😬 I was worried, but at the same time I felt a total peace. Secondly, I am stepping down from my job as the Children's Director at the church. This one is a tough one, but again I have a total peace about it. I am not sure why I have peace...I should be completely freaking out! It's a huge chuck of money that we are used to getting that will all be going away very soon. BUT, the goal is to get me out of so many responsibilities so that I can just focus on being a mom. I also need to be ready at a moments notice to go on our socialization trip for 15 days. Both of which would be extremely difficult if I was still working 2 jobs. Lastly, our wonderful kids seem to be really thriving right now. Yes, I know Ireland broke her leg this summer badly, but it has really helped shape her into an even more beautiful, thoughtful person than before. Cadance has all the sudden grown up into what looks like a young woman! 😩 Not sure how that happened, but she just grows more and more mature and beautiful with each passing day. And Christian! Well, if you knew Christian a year ago you'd understand that he is a totally different kid. He went from a constant state of worry and sickness (asthma) to this vibrant, confident & healthy child! 🙌😀 He started Middle school today and he was ready to take on the world! I am so proud to be their mom and I am looking forward to making some great memories with them this year.

So here we are, waiting on bated breath for the call from Renae that we have our referral letter and we can go meet our son. I know it would take a miracle right now for that to happen... It's a good thing I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! 

Today, I will try to balance my emotions of sadness (that another day has gone by with no news of sweet boy) and I will rejoice in the fact that God is moving. He and He alone is the reason that we have received another grant. He is doing exactly what He promised us He would do. Thank you LORD! He has proven to us again that He has got this!

For my future son:

Today at 1:32 pm Aug. 17, 2017, I sit at the kitchen table thinking about you. Wondering who you are, and what you're up to? I pray for you ALL the time. I cannot wait for the day that I get to hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you. I pray Jesus wraps you up in peace and love today. I pray that you are safe and warm and that someone will show you love today. Please know that we all long for the day you're home forever. 

Praise report~ 

  1.  $7k Grant!
  2. That God continues to show Himself to us through this hard process!


Prayer request~ 


  1. For our referral letter to come by September
  2. For the strike to end
  3. For us to raise the final cost of our adoption
  4. For all of the families that have been waiting for so long to bring their child home. 😞

No comments:

Post a Comment